Vistas de página en total

viernes, 26 de diciembre de 2014

STATEMENT



On August the 10th 1993 Varg Vikernes killed Euronymous. It became the end of an era, the end of the Second Wave of Black Metal, a movement which influence toured world wide and changed forever the extreme metal scene.

On 1993, I personally lived a painfull change in my life, which also was the end of an era. The abrupt end of the childhood and the begining of a more conscious life from a new point of view.

I was then 10 years, and in the next four years I found shelter and identification on films and music. Firstly with grunge, then with heavy metal, and finally with extreme metal, Mainly Death metal. But on 1997 I began to get into Black Metal. This music was something diferent, it was wicked, possessed...and it could condense the rage, the sadness, the pain, the hate I felt...I found a placer where the darkness I carried inside transformed into strength.

During the years first years, I adquire confusing knowledge about the Black metal scene and movement,it was so obscure, in part because of the lack of reliable info, Later I began to attend concerts (the first one, Immortal with Hipocrysy), get in touch with the Spanish underground and even formed a band an recorded/publish some stuff. But in the end, this music came back to the place where I have always enjoyed, in my deep privacy and solitude, even with no friend sharing my taste for this music.

In parallel, my collection suffered a constant change, in the very first moment, when I didn´t have a computer (and of course, no internet) it wasn´t easy to buy this stuff  here in Spain, so I bought to particulars dubbed tapes. Then I began to buy CDs but it was difficult to adquire something outside the "mainstream" bands. Later I tried to change the most of this CDs into vinyls. And this way my collection suffered a continuous change both in size and format.

Finally here is my actual collection. It, of course, continue changing  but I consider by myself that the most of my albums are "essentials", but I continue searching some classic stuff that I desire, and adding the new items that I find interesting (only a few that still carry the venom and the magic).

This is mainly a homage to those Black Metal albums that mean something serious and profound to me.

LORD NAUSEA 2015.

P.D.:Another bands outside Black Metal (e.g. Paradise Lost, a band I have followed since my early metal years and which today I continue following, the same with mighty Manowar) and another genres (like the soundtracks) are part of this collection.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario